drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Round 2 of this :)

So, I’m not getting a ton of honey taste out of this, it’s not overly sweet to my taste buds. I just ate an egg so if it was a sweet tea I’m sure I’d notice.

Used about 1.5 tsp for maybe a minute, I felt like 30 secs would not be sufficient but perhaps I shouldn’t have judged based on the color of the liquor, (light), since the extra 30 seconds didn’t make it a whole lot darker.

It’s really toasty and roasty and leaves a bit of a bitter aftertaste. It goes down smooth. I’m trying to put my finger on the taste but the closest I can get is slightly burnt toast, which isn’t accurate though.

I am enjoying it more than the first time, maybe if the chocolatey notes people speak of refer to raw cocoa powder which is bitter, then maybe I can vaguely get that. I think a spoonful of raw cocoa powder would be sweeter than this tea though, which is saying something.

So this is Steep 1, I won’t change my rating from last time but if I notice a difference in subsequent steeps I will advise!
So far I enjoyed Butiki’s Wild Mountain Black, Taiwanese Assam, Mi Xian Black and Gui Fei Oolong (hopefully i got the names of those right!) more than this, as they didn’t have such a strong taste and were lacking the bitterness in the back of my mouth.

The way I steeped this one is almost reminding me of the bitterness of coffee, which I never could drink black!!

Stay tuned :)

Eta I’m still sipping steep 1 and as it cools I’m noticing it’s kind of floral?? Is that weird?

Fuzzy_Peachkin

I think everyone’s drinking this this morning! Funny how everybody’s taste buds are different. I only feel it’s a little bitter and not in an unpleasant way.

Terri HarpLady

Hmmm…maybe I’ll join the fun & have a cup too!

Nitoo6of6

I think I will join in and have a cup of this too!

None here to share in this until June heh

Terri HarpLady

Sil, you poor thing, sorry for your suffering. Maybe I’ll save mine for another day, to support you, so you won’t have to be alone in not drinking laoshan black today. :)

Hahaha yeah me and my 200 teas are suffering lol ;)