I’ve been sadly slowing down with reviews lately on account of drinking less tea and also I’ve been drinking boring old peppermint tea bags because my gut issues have been acting up at an insane level.

Ordered this with a few other rooibos from Della Terra as I’m looking for more caffeine free options and so far I’ve been impressed with this company’s rooibos offerings.

I drank some last night, and I think I’m with Sil in that I need something else to help hide the rooibos taste, as the vanilla alone isn’t sufficient given that I don’t really like rooibos. Their Blueberry Creme and all the lemon/lime chiffon/cream tart teas blow my mind, but this one is too much of the hay like medicinal taste. I will probably still drink it but maybe I will add some maple syrup or something, haha.

I am wondering if I should have tried the caramel rooibos instead?

ifjuly

dunno if you’ve tried it already but if not: American Tea Room’s Choco-late is a rooibos-based chocolate tea that tastes a helluva lot like Swiss Miss hot cocoa. In case you need more ideas of rooibos-based stuff that isn’t icky.

Comments

ifjuly

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada