Nah.

I overleafed this intentionally because I’ve found myself disappointed by caramel teas lately, which I at least half attribute to me being stingy with my leaves .

Soooo this is kind of bitter and astringent and lacking in flavor even with the overleafing.

It smells good…that’s about it.

Not for me, I have better caramel teas so I don’t need to waste my time with this one. In fact, I’m not even going to bother finishing my cup.
It’s making my teeth hurt.

So, to summarize…“Nah.”

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

Whats your fave caramel tea?

whatshesaid

I’d say now it would be Persimmon Tree’s green caramel tea, Kusmi’s Caramel and Mariage Freres’ Wedding Imperial which has chocolate notes too but mostly caramel to me.

Also Red Leaf’s caramel matcha which probably doesn’t count but it’s super rich and caramelly…I just made myself crave some haha

Caramel teas are hard to find

whatshesaid

I mean a good one is hard to find, because they’re a dime a dozen and mostly don’t impress me

Stephanie

Yeah, there are LOTS of caramel ones out there. You might check out Butiki’s Caramel Vanilla Assam if you haven’t yet. Seems pretty widely adored around here :)

whatshesaid

Oops!! Racking my brain for those I can’t believe I forgot the Caramel Vanilla Assam! I think it’s probably my favorite of the bunch. Duhhhhh

i should send you a sample of Tea G’s straight up caramel tea.

whatshesaid

What is this magically tea of which you speak?

Caramel by tea gschewenljweiruwo54u…..

whatshesaid

You make it sound amazing! I hadn’t even heard of that company before (no shocker there)

if you want me to send you some just hit me with your address in a PM. Happy to send along a cup for you to try :)

Done, thank you!!

Comments

Stephanie

Whats your fave caramel tea?

Caramel teas are hard to find

whatshesaid

i should send you a sample of Tea G’s straight up caramel tea.

whatshesaid

What is this magically tea of which you speak?

Caramel by tea gschewenljweiruwo54u…..

Done, thank you!!

Hello!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada