I don’t know if I’m using this random steepings entry correctly, but i had a random sample of tea from a tea shop that has since closed, and I have no idea what it was.

Sipdown!

She wrote this on the bag: “tie kwan yin – lilac”
Kinda tasted just the verdant tieguanyin I just had, but maybe this was a wee bit more floral. I think I could taste some lilac in there…tasted the way lilacs smell, anyway.

Which is about all I need to do with lilacs… Smell them :)

It was good, just a bit light for my tastes, I prefer a creamier milky oolong to a flowery one. Or a roastier one!
It’s gone, now!

Terri HarpLady

I am the creator of the “Random Steepings” entry page, so as far as I’m concerned, there is no wrong way to use it :)

whatshesaid

Oh good to know, thanks :)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

whatshesaid

Oh good to know, thanks :)

Hello!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada