( ETA I probably shouldn’t have drank this at 11pm. )

This was the third 1oz tea I ordered from DTT a few weeks ago. I figured I’d better open it up and try it before sending some to Courtney, because what if it was nasty?!

I was actually pretty pleased, it’s a half decent tea, it’s not overly sweetened, which I very much appreciate.

I am getting some astringency which seems to undermine the whole point of a creamy coconut tea, but maybe I oversteeped it. I haven’t been super OCD about watching my steeping times. Even though I have a tea timer app on my phone….but my phone is hooked up to a speaker in the kitchen via Bluetooth so if I’d been listening to music and the phone is still connected, then I’d have to listen to the timer tick down for 4 minutes. I know you didn’t need to know that, just sayin’.

So, I think I’d drink this again but I will pay closer attention to the steeping time.

It definitely doesn’t come close to my favorite coconut teas – Davidstea’s Coconut Oolong and Persimmon Tree’s Coconut Creme!

When it’s gone I won’t restock, but it’s not awful or anything! Huzzah!

I wonder if Courtney will enjoy it….

Courtney

Thanks for taste testing before sending some my way. :P I always use the microwave timer, unless it’s being used for something else, then it’s my phone timer, which throws me off my game hah.

boychik

Stove timer always

whatshesaid

I usually just look at the clock and just add 3 or 4 minutes, haha. Soooo not accurate.

Comments

Courtney

boychik

Stove timer always

whatshesaid

Hello!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada