drank Coconut Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

YUP I still love this.

I have almost a full tin of it too, I was hoarding it all like “MY PRECIOUSSSSSESSSS” because it had been gone after the season was over, however they brought it back this Spring! Huzzah!

Apparently the addition of the lemongrass to the new blend makes nary a difference, I certainly couldn’t smell it but I will report back someday when I taste it.

For now I have to work on this tin and hoard no more, because as I’ve learned with coconut teas – “if you don’t use it, you lose it” – like it literally becomes inedible undrinkable, bitter, rancid and vomit like.

It would be more than a travesty for me to allow that to happen to this light and creamy tea of my coconutty dreams. So if you need me all summer long, I will be sipping down this bad boy :)

Virginia

Must try this again! I have a bit left…I remember it tasting very strongly of popcorn for some reason. Must be more careful with my steep this time. How do you personally go about with this one?

whatshesaid

I just follow the directions! Around 92 degrees for 3-4 min :)

Dustin

I’m learning that same issue of age with a different coconut tea. It is a shame it doesn’t keep better.

OMGsrsly

Oh hey, what do you think of slightly more floral oolongs? Because if you are interested you should add your address to the “secret packages” file. :) Or just send it to me if the idea of packages scares you!

Amariel

I really like it, at least the old one, but I find I have to be in the right mood for it.

Yes, must drink coconut teas, they just don’t last :(
I haven’t figured out yet if that only applies to tea with coconut chunks in it or also coconut flavoring (if it’s natural)

I’m not sure how many floral oolongs I’ve tried! I’ve tried a couple roasty old ones (like Formosa) and just wasn’t getting anything much out of the experience. I would probably prefer a slightly floral one to that!
And I don’t think I can edit that, Sil would have to do it :)
I can send it though!

Amariel – yes, it’s very specifically coconutty and buttery, I also have to be in the mood for it!

Comments

Virginia

whatshesaid

I just follow the directions! Around 92 degrees for 3-4 min :)

Dustin

OMGsrsly

Amariel

Yes, must drink coconut teas, they just don’t last :(

And I don’t think I can edit that, Sil would have to do it :)
I can send it though!

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada