Awwww crap.

Ok, here’s the deal. I’m exhausted, falling asleep in my chair – which likely has something to do with the HIIT I did this afternoon.

I had a piece of 75% dark chocolate and made this tea, 100 degrees for 5 min.

Took a drink, and was lovingly cradling the cup, inhaling deeply, and enjoying every sip.
To the point where I went to calculate on the website how much it would cost me to get a can.

I can’t even tell you what I was tasting. Both because I’m tired, and also because eating the chocolate first may have messed with my tastebuds. And also I only pretend to sound like I know what I’m talking about, with most things, most of the time.

If this is what Keemun tastes like, I’m IN.

Thank you so much, Cavocorax!!

What a comforting cup. Excited to try more tomorrow.
And it’s $10. To ship a can of this to me. In case you wondered.

keep an eye on their facebook page. A&D DOES do free shipping promos that DO apply to canada as well…

Good to know! But this is limited teaaaaaa

By the way have you tried their yunnan gold tips?

horse face? yes :) i did not buy horsecan….but I did buy spring keemun (times two) i wanted the tin for horsey…but the tea was middle of the road for the shipping/costs benefit of getting that as well lol

mj

“And also I only pretend to sound like I know what I’m talking about, with most things, most of the time.” Hey, me too! That’s been my MO for years

Cavocorax

I wanted to order four cans, but didn’t like the shipping and so I facebooked them and asked if they were going to have any shipping deals soon so I could place my order; they sent me a coupon for $10 shipping! Just something to keep in mind in case you decide to stock up on tons of tea!

Thanks for the tip!

Terri HarpLady

I have the golden tips. It came with a plastic horse head finger puppet! :)
I had actually considered letting it take a tour with the latest round of the BBBB, just for fun, but I forgot to put it in the box. :)

Is it delicious?

I’ve only drank it once or twice. I can’t remember, LOL
You could check the reviews. Want me to send you some?

whatshesaid

No, that’s ok but thank you :)

Angrboda

For a ‘not amazing but pretty good’ Keemun, I’d probably rate around 85-90 too, actually. But that’s because I’m so fond of keemun in general so it just being keemun is worth a LOT of points for me already before I’ve tasted it if you know what I mean. :) It doesn’t take much (in a keemun) to make me do the happy sigh, but it takes a fair bit to completely wow me. :)

MzPriss

@Angrboda – I’m prediposed to love Keemun too, but I have to say this Spring Keemun isn’t my favorite. It’s ok, but I didn’t love it. I was expecting to love it the way Sil loves it and I just didn’t :(

boychik

i liked salty element in Spring. i haven’t noticed it in other Keemuns ( but i didnt try that many). I think it makes it kinda unique (for me at least)

Angrboda

MzPriss, I agree. I found it extremely floral and that’s not one of my favourite qualities in keemuns. (or any tea for that matter)

Just for the record, when I said this:
“I read the reviews and it just seems like everyone is all “it’s not amazing but it’s pretty good” and then they rate in the high 80’s -90’s so I’m just curious as to how it tastes”

I was talking about A&D’s Yunnan Golden Tips :)

So do you guys have any keemuns you love and would recommend? It’s probably my next mission, try lots of keemuns

boychik

I loved A&D’s Yunnan Golden Tips. But i tried lots of others so its some point it very hard to say this is the best. its very good solid quality tea. And I love gongfu it. i think it shows the best qualities. You lady need a sample. We are all different. you found mushrooms in Special Dark;)

Good to know, thanks!

And yes….sooo much mushrooms :(

i really like teavivre’s keemuns! a few of them have smokey notes though, not all….as a heads up. To be fair i prefer some of teavivre’s keemuns to the A&D keemun…it was different than i expected it to be, but i’m enjoying it nonetheless

whatshesaid

Hmm I tried one the other day and didn’t like it as much as this for some reason!

MzPriss

I’m attempting to get started on working my way through Upton’s keemuns. I got a bunch of different ones to sample – I just haven’t done it yet.

Comments

Good to know! But this is limited teaaaaaa

By the way have you tried their yunnan gold tips?

mj

Cavocorax

Thanks for the tip!

Terri HarpLady

I have the golden tips. It came with a plastic horse head finger puppet! :)

Is it delicious?

I’ve only drank it once or twice. I can’t remember, LOL
You could check the reviews. Want me to send you some?

whatshesaid

No, that’s ok but thank you :)

Just for the record, when I said this:

I was talking about A&D’s Yunnan Golden Tips :)

Good to know, thanks!

And yes….sooo much mushrooms :(

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada