Received a bunch of Spring 2014 green tea samples from Teavivre today! So exciting.

I grabbed a random one to try first, and this was it.

Let me set the scene: I’m sitting down to enjoy a much needed cup of tea for a couple minutes while my baby plays contentedly in her exersaucer…..probably won’t last too long.
Went for our stroll earlier. It’s really hot and humid here today. That never stops me from drinking hot tea though I’ve been taking iced tea with me on our walks.

So I opened up the sample pack of this and was overwhelmed (in a good way) by both the appearance of the leaves (bright green, small, curly and fuzzy), and the smell – fresh, vegetal, appealing in a foreign (to me), way.

I steeped at 85 degrees for 4 min (package said 1-5, next time I will do three as it got a wee bit bitter on me). The wet leaves looked so pretty and new in my steeper.

The liquor was a pale greenish yellow, smelled really vegetal, and just green, if that makes sense….I’m normally all about the black teas. This was a nice change.

I brewed this not knowing what to expect, and ended up really enjoying it.
Unfortunately I’m terrible at being descriptive in a way that would actually help anyone, but I did go read some other reviews to see if I could reach some of those conclusions in my own cup.

I definitely see where the whole “vegetable soup broth” thing comes from, because it’s more of a savory cup than a sweet one, though it has its own sort of nutty, vegetal sweetness to it.

That’s about all I’ve got for you though. I’m looking forward to trying the other samples…thanks very much Angel/Teavivre!

I think I’m going to enjoy these lighter teas for the summer!

Cameron B.

I feel the same way about not being able to describe things since I’m fairly new to tea – especially straight greens. I think you did a great job with it, though!

boychik

its very nice review. its more descriptive than i would do,especially for green tea:)

Comments

Cameron B.

boychik

Hello!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada