T&C TTB Tea # 5 – Backlog May 23

This was my very first Adagio tea!

I wasn’t overly impressed with it. It tasted somewhat bitter with a sour aftertaste. I definitely got the caramel/vanilla flavors but there was also a weird chemical taste that I picked up on. This tea only loosely implies “butter beer”, I actually preferred the 52Teas version. I’d added milk to this in the hopes of making it creamier. It did not work.

IMO this one was missing some root beer flavor or something.

To be honest, I’ve had the real deal, i mean as real as a fictional beverage can be – the Butter Beer from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Orlando.

And that stuff was AWESOME. So no imitations will ever compare!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada