T&C TTB Tea # 11 – Backlog May 25

Brewed this up for breakfast, added milk. It stood up nicely!

Very dark and bold, which I love. Somewhat malty. Slightly astringent but I may have oversteeped because I didn’t think to check the steeping recommendations ahead of time.

It was a good ‘first thing in the morning’ tea.
I didn’t really get any specific flavours out of it, I guess a straight black tea really has to slap me in the face with taste if you want me to notice anything spectacular.

I did enjoy my cup. It’s probably what I’d expect an Assam to be and I’d like to try some more from Harney at some point! I’m realizing their straight teas are pretty darn good.

boychik

3 min top for me. It’s my favorite. I recently tried Viennese EG ( I don’t know if you like EG) and Eight at fort. Those two I’m going to get 2oz each. Very smooth and rich, not astringent.

Comments

boychik

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada