Another Adagio sample from Cavocorax!

This one I brewed up in my Contigo mug which I’ve learned must be used for flavoured teas only, on account of it carrying around the scent and taste of all teas it has contained before.

I brought it with me to the movies, hubby and I went to go see How to Train Your Dragon 2 because we loved the first one so much.

So, since I needed to bring a travel mug,I knew it had to be a flavoured tea and this one won! I put some milk in it because I’ve learned that’s how I prefer these desserty Adagio blends.

Admittedly, upon first sip in the theatre, I was a bit put off, because it was soooo spicy. I was like “Oh, I’ve made a huge mistake.” I may not be a tremendous fan of chai.

After the first few sips, though, I enjoyed it. I guess my tastebuds just had to adjust to the idea of spicy tea. It’s still not my fave.

It was nice to try though!

And, a funny aside, up until the moment I just looked this tea up on Steepster to write my review, I had no idea who “Destiel” was. Ever since Cavo gave me the sample I’ve been trying to wrack my brain to remember which character that was. Until I saw the fan art for the tea and clued in. Duhhhh, Dean and Cas! That’s how far removed I am from this fandom stuff.

I’m the type who loves to watch the shows but stops at the point where other people are apparently writing homo-erotic fan fiction about the main characters.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that at all, it just makes me feel like an old lady because I literally had zero clues who Destiel was.

This story possibly sums up my ability to (with a sigh of great relief on behalf of my wallet) dismiss Adagio teas…. I think the concept is really cool but I’m not so mental over drinking my favourite characters that I am willing to spend money on and drink “meh” tea.

However, thank you to all you sample senders who have helped me figure this out! Truly appreciated!!

Cavocorax

Too bad you didn’t like it, but I totally understand. A lot of these ones are pretty weak.

And yeah… fandom stuff is totally weird. I get it. I didn’t mean to get sucked into it, but then a friend recommended a book-length story that was an alternate version of book 7 in Harry Potter and it was so well written and thought out (and had moments I enjoyed more than the real story) that I got totally hooked and then the homo-erotic stuff sorta creeped in and was totally written to be believable and I just bought it all. :O If it had started off with boys kissing in the first chapter I would probably have just quietly closed it and walked away. Hahah

I didn’t even know what Destiel was until a year ago. I couldn’t understand the fuss ver the angel guy until I caved and started S1 of SPN when I was on mat leave.

Three years later and I’m all over tumblr and completely immersed, although I don’t expect others to understand and I don’t get as fired up as other fandom people too. I love the shows. I love the stories people write about the shows, but I don’t get upset when the creators of the shows DON’T make the subtext (whether real or just imagined) actual reality. :P I just love reading more about the characters I love (and it’s not all slash fic, by the way. Sometimes it’s just extra stories or alternate endings where your fav chars DON’T die etc) and

I do think it’s funny that the creator of Hannibal makes jokes about Hannibal & Will having a deeper connection than what’s shown on screen and teases everyone with images that could be taken either way, but he walks that line very carefully I think so as not to alienate people who just want to see it as a great bromance.

Fandom. Yep. It’s complicated and I totally get the ‘get off my lawn attitude!’ haha

mj

Where can I find this alternate version of HP book 7? I must read it!

Here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/979182
It’s massive – 200,000+ words! So it’s longer than Deathly Hallows! It was also written BEFORE Deathly Hallows was published so that might explain some of the changes. I hope you like it and don’t just dismiss me as some weirdo. Haha.

OMGsrsly

OMG I just about got totally sucked in! That looks so neat, Cavo!

mj

Thanks! I’m a huge HP nerd, so chances are extremely good that I will like it. I definitely will not think you’re a weirdo even if I don’t :-)

Cavocorax

Haha. I’m happy to share! It was my first introduction into fanfic, and after that I was lucky enough to stumble onto Ivyblossom’s The Progress of Sherlock Holmes, (https://archiveofourown.org/works/173274), and I was completely amazed at how well-written and plotted it was. (So yes, read that too if you’re at all into BBC’s Sherlock!)

mj

I am DEFINITELY into Sherlock! I just downloaded that one too :-). I can’t wait to read them. You are a fount of fanfic knowledge! Thanks so much!!

Cavocorax

Awesome! I’m so excited for you! Be warned: there is angst but it is worth it.

Also, I’ll just leave this here… http://steepster.com/discuss/5153-steepsters-ultimate-fan-fic-thread

mj

LOL I love how you were so casually like, “Ill just leave this here..”.
I actually saw this thread before, but I was a little intimidated and didn’t know where to start. Now I can get my feet wet with the two that you recommended and go from there :-)

Cavocorax

Yes! Everyone’s welcome and don’t be afraid to ask questions. And if you like either of those and want recs, I’m sure someone would be able to give you something if you ever post there!

Comments

Cavocorax

mj

Where can I find this alternate version of HP book 7? I must read it!

Here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/979182

OMGsrsly

OMG I just about got totally sucked in! That looks so neat, Cavo!

Cavocorax

Awesome! I’m so excited for you! Be warned: there is angst but it is worth it.

mj

LOL I love how you were so casually like, “Ill just leave this here..”.

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada