A sample sent my way from QueenofTarts, I see here that it’s been discontinued.

That doesn’t make me too sad, especially after North Winds and Golden Orchid (!!!) have wormed their way into my heart (and my belly)…. While I do get a faint hint of chocolate from this, it is bitter rather than creamy. And the oolong is earthy. I don’t love these dark oolongs, I think I’m learning that.

I followed the steeping parameters of 5 min @ boiling.
I took a sip when it was really hot to test it out, wanting to know if I should add milk or not.
I was taking it downstairs to watch a movie, see, and I knew I wouldn’t want to come back up to add milk.

It brewed up BLACK, so I decided to add cream.

It was a comforting cup but not nearly malty or chocolatey enough for me, I know there are more special WP teas out there, so if one like this had to go to make room for, say, golden orchid, then I totally support that decision :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Haha this is almost 2 years old! :P

whatshesaid

I was wondering about the age, thought it weird that no one had reviewed it in two years!

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Haha this is almost 2 years old! :P

whatshesaid

Hello!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada