drank Fleurilège by Dammann Freres

What do you do when you’ve been stressed beyond belief for so long that you no longer remember what it’s like not to be in a constant state of tension and panic?

You make jam, that’s what you do.

Tonight, I took a punnet of blackcurrants and a punnet of cherries and added some caster sugar and a touch of vanilla and made a jam that takes me right back to the homemade blackcurrant jam my grandmother would make when I was a wee slip of a girl. GOOD GOSH, this is good stuff. It’s sweet without being overly so, and the vanilla lends it a little depth running through the sweet-tartness of the currant and it’s just dark and rich and gorgeous. And I had a cup of this tea while I was making it.

And GOOD GOSH, this tea is still really good too. It’s got a nice medium weight to it, and a buttery sweetness with that almost dried fruit thing happening around the periphery alongside the pleasant nuttiness. Boy, do I wish I knew I was going to have enough money to pay rent this month, AND enough to put in a Dammann order and get myself a giant-ass bag of this comforting stuff. Soon, baby. I don’t know what I’ll do without the joy that comes from knowing this is in my cupboard.

oooooooh i could beat something right now.. that would be good :)

Comments

oooooooh i could beat something right now.. that would be good :)

My Time Lord name is the Brewmaster. Currently working on People Of Who, an exhibition of portraits of the people who made Doctor Who happen. Professional dilettante. Literary enthusiast, frustrated sometime writer. Knitter of things.

The Mancunian Wilderness