drank Acai Berry by Zhena's Gypsy Tea

It’s been awhile, so I figured I’d give this one another try. Ultimately, it just served to reinforce my initial conclusion: This makes a great cool concoction, but only a fairly standard cup of fruity tea.

Like the other Zhena’s I’ve tried, I used one teabag per 8oz of water – tonight I used two teabags in my 2-cup teapot, and added 2 tsp of sugar.

I’ve never had Acai berries, so I don’t know if it smells/tastes like them or not. Dry it smells like raspberries with just a hint of earthier scents, while steeped the berries back off a little, and some other flavors step in. The hibiscus isn’t shy, and I can detect just a little of the lemongrass. Both the peach and the orange stay in the shadows, and I can’t pick out even a hint of them.

There is one thing though – this tastes much more natural than artificial, which is a big problem with the other fruity teas I’ve tried. I wish it were less one-note, but its still enjoyable.

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX