Field day today – I spent most of it running after errant high school students, manning an inflatable Tick-Tack-Toe game, teaching small pockets of students how to toss a Diablo (aka Chinese Yo-Yo), and evading/attacking with water guns and ballons. I am so exhausted I barely managed to drag my sorry tail to the post office to mail off a swap. I am so glad that I did!

My first Della Terra “Try Me Sampler” was waiting in my mailbox, and when I got home the husband and I couldn’t take our noses out of these samples! It was very, very tough to decide which to make first, but the promise of a little creamy zest won out.

I used the 16oz tetsubin, placed 3 teaspoons in the filter (the directions say 1tsp/6oz), steeped for 5 minutes, and ultimately added 2 tablespoons of Sugar in the Raw and a dash of milk. We did check-ins along the way: At four minutes of steeping, without sugar, without cream, etc.

What we ended up with was absolutely delightful! At first we were worried that the end product wouldn’t match the mind-blowing smell of the dry mix, but with the extra sugar and milk it’s living up to the hype! I wish I had ordered more than the 1oz sample, because I can easily imagine afternoon writing or reading with a cup of this at my side. I’m fairly certain this is going to stay in the cupboard!

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX