drank Winter Nog by Della Terra Teas

The husband and I just made sushi for dinner, and now we’re lazing with a movie. We were craving something different and caffeine-free so we grabbed this out of the tea chest.

Steeped, this is quite… odd. There may be some eggnog spices, but this doesn’t scream eggnog to me. I taste maple syrup, cream, honey, and cinnamon. To my tastebuds, each sip feels a little sinful – I should be pouring this over pancakes, not drinking it!

I tried adding a dash of milk, and that did nothing to change the flavor. If anything, it makes me even more determined to make pancakes tomorrow morning, with a nice glass of milk to go with them.

As for the tea, this is not going to be a staple.

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX