This was a surprise sample in my swap from Moraiwe – Thank you! One sip and I was transported back to this delightful little patisserie my in-laws took me to last time I was in Portland, OR. This tastes like that little shop smelled – so rich and sweet, full of buttery scents that wafted around the room. As I happen to find my in-laws endlessly entertaining (I’m a nerd who married into a family of nerds!) it was a fantastic moment to revisit.

While it is a little syrupy, I can completely understand why some other Steepsterites mentioned that this tasted a little like an almond croissant. Actually, this has left me with a near overwhelming desire for the real thing! For the sake of my waistline, I think I may need to save this for special occasions – where I can justify the odd croissant!

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX