drank Citron Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

My husband is more of a laid back guy – most teas he can take or leave. He’s nearly as happy with the nameless pu-erh we got at the Asian market (and I found what looked like tooth floss in it!) as the mini cakes I got him from Arbor. But he loves this tea. He says it reminds him of the bottled iced-teas, but with more natural flavors. And for the first time, he asked me to add something to a tea order!

Myself, I’m not quite as enthusiastic about it. The tea leaves did open significantly – I had to switch it to a different teapot because the filter was too small! – but while I may look as much as I want at the pretty green leaves I don’t taste anything but the slightest hint of them. It’s all about the citrus. Despite that, I am impressed by how consistent the re-steeps are. This has lasted me most the afternoon, and the taste has barely changed at all.

Update: Four steepings now, in my 24oz teapot, and it’s still holding strong. I think this thing might actually outlast us!

Fiddling

This really does resteep well! My record for is 5 steeps, but I usually get bored after 3.

wheezybee

We fought that battle too, and lost! After a complete day of it – and a combined 96oz – we just couldn’t keep going. The Energizer Bunny of tea kicked our butts!

Comments

Fiddling

wheezybee

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX