Tomorrow I’m going to post my 20th review for the Battle of the Earl Greys, so I’m rather desperately craving something completely different! This came by way of a swap with Short Sorceress, and it looks and smells like it’ll be perfect!

I’m putting the whole tablespoon in my 16oz tetsubin, and I added 1 tablespoon of Sugar in the Raw. The dry smell is not at all shy and I had to double-bag it to keep it from influencing my other teas. It’s like fresh caramel: Brown sugar and butter, hot off the stove. I don’t smell the pineapple, but I hope it’s going to show up in the steeped tea.

Okay, now for the moment of truth. At first sip, the steeped tea smells and tastes like caramel popcorn. I’m still not picking up the pineapple, so just for the heck of it I’ll put part of the pot over ice… okay, now it’s cold caramel popcorn.

Well, it’s completely different than the Earl Greys and that’s really all I was asking for. Good thing I love caramel popcorn!

Scheherazade

I tried this for the first time at the weekend, but I haven’t got around to posting my tasting note yet. I didn’t really get pineapple, either, although the cake bit was spot on!

wheezybee

Come to think about it, I don’t know if I’ve actually had that kind of cake before!

Comments

Scheherazade

wheezybee

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX