Oops! I mixed up my tasting notes tonight. I tried two different Verdant blends and forgot to double-check the titles. So… these thoughts are actually about this tea!

Eight Treasures Yabao is odd yet wonderful, and I appreciate how it all comes together. The mix of sweet and savory really seems to work for it. I wish I had read over some of these reviews before I made this up, as I’m not sure I have enough left to try mixing with anything. I only bought one of the little samples, but I’d love to try it with some Laoshan Black… maybe next order!

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX