Oh my goodness, they actually hit it spot on. This tastes exactly like what it says: buttery flour, slightly caramelized sugar, and a generous dash of vanilla. When I’m at the end of my Weight Watchers points for the day and absolutely craving something I just can’t have, I think I have found a solution. Cookies without the guilt. Awesome!

I am really proud of the pictures for this one! You can see them here:

VariaTEA

I wonder what I am doing wrong because this tastes like crackers to me and I had such high hopes for it.

wheezybee

Huh. Well, I have noticed that with their teas I need to stay very close to the 1 teabag/8oz ratio, and I did use 1-1/2tsp raw sugar per 8oz as well.

VariaTEA

I tried adding sweetner although that made it taste like a sweetened cracker. I am thinking that I might try it with a bit of vanilla to perk up some of the cookie flavors.

Good luck!

Comments

VariaTEA

Good luck!

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX