I love this tea. It’s not even slightly purple, so I think art of tea may have gotten too artsy with some filters and forgot to look at the real tea, but that doesn’t change my opinion on it.

Definitely hints of sweet cinnamon, quite musky too. I prefer the 2nd and 3rd infusions over the 1st, and have made up to 8 cups with one teaspoon, which is nice. I’d recommend a 3 minute infusion first, then a 4 minute infusion. The second steeping always seems very smooth compared to the first.

This would go perfectly with a cinnamon-raisin bagel.

EDIT: It does take a cup or two to get used to it because it IS very confusing and different. I think I threw my first cup out when I first tried this.

Matt

Sounds very interesting.

LiberTEAS

The purple refers to the varietal of plant, not the color of the tea.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Interesting. Wonder why they chose to change the color of the leaves on their photo?

LiberTEAS

The leaves do take on a purple-ish hue (hence the reason for the name of this varietal) … however, I have no idea of whether or not Art of Tea changed the photo coloring or anything. :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Have you had this tea before?

LiberTEAS

I’ve tried several different purple teas but not this specific one from Art of Tea. I’m not debating that the tea leaves that you see differ from the way they look in the photo, just mentioning that the name pertains to the specific varietal.

Bonnie

One person who has had a lot of experience in the past with purple tea’s is Stacy, owner of Butiki Tea’s (she has a Purple Puerh at the moment and it looks a little purple but doesn’t brew up that color). The purple tea’s come from a rare purple red bud tree.

LiberTEAS

Yep… that’s where I learned most of what I’ve come to learn about purple tea: Butiki Teas. I had tried at least one other purple tea before Butiki Teas started carrying purple tea, but, I’ve gained the most knowledge and experience with purple tea from Butiki. Excellent teas.

Comments

Matt

Sounds very interesting.

LiberTEAS

The purple refers to the varietal of plant, not the color of the tea.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Have you had this tea before?

Bonnie