Aroma: Earthy, wet soil
Liquor Color: Deep rusty red
Liquor Flavor: Full bodied, earthy, damp, smooth, slight sweetness
Notes: Unwrapping these reminded me of little chocolate truffles. I placed one in a small tea pot, did a rinse, and brewed this western style for 3 minutes. Once I opened the tea pot, the leaves were loosened up in a way that reminded me of upturned soil. Even though the flavor didn’t appeal to me too much, I have to say, it was interesting and unique. Sip by sip I was transported to a forest, early in the morning with dew still on the ground. I could smell the earthy dampness, and felt the soil beneath my feet. Mushrooms were spread all over the ground. The air was crisp and refreshing. This tuocha was a very visual experience for me. I’m excited to try others to see if I can really take in the whole experience.
Thank you Teavivre for the free sample!

Flavors: Earth, Leather, Mushrooms

My love of tea began with a quest to find the best bubble tea. After some research I found an Asian inspired tea shop that happened to serve amazing bubble tea, as well as loose tea. I was really new to loose tea but my friend ordered jasmine pearl tea. Once I took a sip, I was hooked! Tea soon became my new passion.