drank Random Steepings by Various Artists

Experimenting again with Kashmiri Chai/Pink tea/ noon tea again. This started out as green tea. If you add milk to it it will go a pinky brown colour.

I TSP kashmiri green tea ( an assamic green)/ 2 cups of tea.
Extra water or milk.
Baking soda 1/8 TSP per 2cups of tea salt
4 cloves of cardamon
Peppercorns
1 inch piece of cinnamon.

I used a variation of this recipe

Mine was a little bitter today because I was impatient and didn’t cook it long enough. But I like the spicing today and I added a little sugar and a bit of pistachios. It’s amazing though how smooth a tea this process can make when it is done right.

Nicole/Tea-Historic

Pistachios?? That is intriguing.

yyz

You usually crush them and sprinkle them on top of the tea. I’ve down it with almonds and mixed them in too. I had another style of kashmiri chai with gooseberries added to the finished clear tea that was really good too. That was completely different though I think it had cardamon and a little mint. Sometimes this tea is made purposefully salty.

SarsyPie

Gooseberries! Lovely! I made a gooseberry wine, but I’ve never had gooseberries in tea. Now I want to try that!

yyz

I’ve tried to find a recipe that was similar, but the tea I had was a green tea chai with just a bit of mint ( it didn’t overpower the cardamon) and about two or 3 [email protected] ml cup of tea.

yyz

The glasses were the small Indian chai glasses, about the size of a small juice glass.

Comments

Nicole/Tea-Historic

Pistachios?? That is intriguing.

SarsyPie