drank Black Dragon Pearls by Adagio Teas

Backlogging from this morning:

When I opened the tin, I was surprised to see how large these balls were. [I’ll just say “That’s what she said” now, so I don’t have to say it after every sentence in this note.] They were probably 2 to 3 times the size of my Jasmine #12 pearls. I threw 2 balls into my infuser, and immediately they began to unfurl.

The taste is rich and complex. I can taste woody, earthy notes with a hint of chocolate. It somehow manages to be slightly bitter at the same time as being so rich. The smell is more bitter than anything, although it’s still a nice smell. This will make a very good morning cup of tea, because it is pretty gentle in it’s assault on your tongue.

I have recently been forcibly transplanted from Princeton, New Jersey to Burleson, Texas. I’ve been recovering from culture shock ever since. When I’m not dodging scorpions and pickup trucks, I’m a college student, drummer, lover of music and animals, Harry Potter freak, and a vegetarian. I just got a job at a bookstore, which is the perfect place for somebody like me.

Burleson, TX