Before my review for the actual tea, allow me to just sing the praises of Bluebird Tea Co’s fab customer service! I placed my order on Thursday evening & paid for 1st class delivery, so my parcel should have shipped on Friday. Friday afternoon I received an email from Mike, apologising & saying that unfortunately he was out of the office all weekend & there was no-one that could ship my order until Monday. As I had paid for first class postage, he offered a partial refund for postage & a discount off my next order. He even offered to drop my package off personally on Monday in case it was urgent (I live about half an hour’s drive from Bluebird)! I was more than happy to wait & my order arrived, as promised, today. Excellent service & no doubt my discount code will go to good use come payday!

Anyway, onto the tea… In the bag, this looks amazing. Super pretty! I steeped for 4 mins & the resulting tea smelt just like raspberry jam, or indeed, the inside of a Victoria sponge cake! The taste was a little light but creamy, & I could definitely detect the coconut note that other reviewers have mentioned. Towards the bottom of the cup, the raspberry gave the tea a little bitterness, but nothing too sharp. I might try this with sugar to see if it helps bring out the cake flavour some more. Yum!

Mike Turner

Thanks Caroline, glad t got there!

Comments

Mike Turner

Thanks Caroline, glad t got there!

Formerly a major coffee addict, I’m just starting my journey into the world of tea!

My other interests are random & varied- toy collecting, perfume oils & jewellery making to name just a few!

East Midlands, UK