drank Foggy Coconut by 52teas

This is this week’s Tea of the Week – it was inspired by one of my favorite coffee shop drinks – London Fog. When I go to Mat’s medical appointments with him, I usually order a London Fog from the coffee shop that’s in the lobby of the medical office building. It’s not a big, brand-name coffee shop but they do a really pleasant London Fog. The first time I stopped in, I had ordered a Chai Latte which is pretty much the usual drink I order when I go to a coffee shop, however, it does depend upon what kind of Chai concentrate they use. I am not a fan of Oregon Chai because that stuff is mostly milk and sugar – try as I might, I can’t taste the tea in it. So as it happened, this little coffee shop did use Oregon Chai so I quickly altered my order to a London Fog and requested that they use less vanilla syrup than they usually do and also that they use coconut milk instead of their 2% cow’s milk. I loved the London Fog so much I wasn’t at all upset that I didn’t get a chai! (And I do love chai!)

One morning as I was sipping on one of these London Fog drinks, my mind started to play with the idea of creating a tea inspired by it. What would I change about the London Fog? First, I’d rather it be made with loose leaf tea rather than a tea bag. Well, that part is easy because all I offer is loose leaf tea. :)

Second, I wanted a stronger coconut presence in the drink. So I went a bit heavier on the coconut than you’d experience with a tea drink infused in coconut milk. I kept the vanilla moderate. The bergamot is strong but is softened somewhat by the presence of the coconut and vanilla.

This is my new favorite tea right now. It’s so yummy.

52Teas offers you high-quality, hand-crafted, small batch artisan tea blends – a new flavor every week!

<><><>

Full Disclosure: The individual operating this UserID is the Mad Tea Artist who creates these blends every week. I’m aka LiberTEAS. I took over the 52Teas brand from Frank of Southern Boy Teas. I’m keeping both accounts active at the present time because I still have some tea reviews to post and I didn’t think that I should do that as 52Teas!

Vancouver, Washington