drank Apple for Teacher by 52teas

This was a tea from last month. My inspiration behind it was apple cider with sage. I am not sure exactly where I got the idea, but I think I found a recipe for Sage Apple Cider somewhere and it sounded interesting to me because I love sage and while I hadn’t thought of adding it to apple cider prior to seeing the recipe, the idea was certainly intriguing to me and I decided that if it makes for a good apple cider, it should also make for a good apple cider-ish tea.

And I love it. Depending upon how much sage leaf is in scoop when you’re scooping it out, it can be quite sage-y to not very sage-y at all. To make this pot of tea, there ended up being quite a bit of sage so this is quite sage-y – not because I didn’t shake the pouch (I did) but because I actually went in there and fished out some more sage because I wanted it sage-y. Although, now that I’ve just said that – I realize that I shared this pot with Mat and he’s probably going to mention the sage. He’ll say it’s weird. Oh well.

Then again, I like sage much more than he does. He does like my chicken saltimbocca which uses sage – it’s one of his favorites – but he does pick out the sage leaves.

Anyway, back to this tea.

This tea needs some time to cool a bit before you start sipping. I started sipping right away because I’m impatient. The flavor is definitely better as it cools a bit. Now, after cooling a bit, the tea is still hot but it’s reached a drinkable temperature . . . and the flavor is much better now. The sage has softened just a bit and the apple-y notes have emerged. As have the notes of allspice and cinnamon. I didn’t go all out on the spices here because I wanted the sage to be a flavor that stood out. (I really like the flavors of apple and sage together).

This is really nice – warm and inviting – not unlike a cup of apple cider but even better because TEA.

52Teas offers you high-quality, hand-crafted, small batch artisan tea blends – a new flavor every week!

<><><>

Full Disclosure: The individual operating this UserID is the Mad Tea Artist who creates these blends every week. I’m aka LiberTEAS. I took over the 52Teas brand from Frank of Southern Boy Teas. I’m keeping both accounts active at the present time because I still have some tea reviews to post and I didn’t think that I should do that as 52Teas!

Vancouver, Washington