drank Foggy Coconut by 52teas

Today is the first day of our 12 Teas of Christmas countdown – and this tea is our 1st Tea of Christmas! This tea won it’s way into our box with a very comfortable number of votes which made me quite happy because in October, I happened to finish off the last of my stash of this tea – so I was ready for more!

This tea is definitely one of my favorites that I’ve ever created – and it was inspired by a London Fog made with coconut milk – a favorite coffee shop drink of mine … and we have a lot of coffee shops up here in the Pacific NorthWET!

So this isn’t exactly like a London Fog made with Coconut milk, because I decided a few tweaks were in order: I wanted a stronger coconut flavor and I wanted the vanilla a little softer. I wanted the bergamot to be more of an accent, something that peeks through – but doesn’t overwhelm the cup (which bergamot can do if it’s overdone). I wanted the coconut to be the star of the show but not the only thing going on with the tea.

And I think I managed to achieve that. The coconut is sweet and smooth – as is the vanilla. The bergamot adds a tangy note for some contrast. The black tea is strong enough for a morning cuppa when you need something that will shake you gently awake (I’m not into a coffee jolt) but it would also be good for afternoon too. As it’s 1 am now, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it NOW for just anybody, but as this is kind of my afternoon right now – I think I’m alright with it. That’s the story I’m sticking to, anyway. I might regret it in a couple of hours though, when I want to sleep. We shall see.

Anyway – this tea – it’s delightful . . . and for those of you who did not order our 12 Teas of Christmas box, there will be some of these available posted on the website at some point on the 26th of December. If you want it sooner than that, there are still 2 Christmas boxes available. PM me if you’re interested!

Cameron B.

Is this sold out? I was hoping to try some but never saw it available on the website.

52Teas

Hi Cameron: It will be added to the website around the 7th of January.

Cameron B.

Yay, thank you! I suppose I’ll just have to make my very first 52Teas order then. ;)

Comments

Cameron B.

52Teas

Hi Cameron: It will be added to the website around the 7th of January.

Cameron B.

52Teas offers you high-quality, hand-crafted, small batch artisan tea blends – a new flavor every week!

<><><>

Full Disclosure: The individual operating this UserID is the Mad Tea Artist who creates these blends every week. I’m aka LiberTEAS. I took over the 52Teas brand from Frank of Southern Boy Teas. I’m keeping both accounts active at the present time because I still have some tea reviews to post and I didn’t think that I should do that as 52Teas!

Vancouver, Washington