I ordered a sample of this from Amoda tea right before they sold out. The vanilla bean is the star of this blend. It is super fragrant in the dry leaf, and truly vanilla bean in flavor (not vanilla flavoring, not cream or frosting flavored). The black tea is rich and smooth without being too overpowering. The orange notes are just present enough to confirm this is an earl grey, but the citrus definitely takes a backseat to the herbal vanilla. I don’t drink my tea with milk or sugar, so I am getting the most robust take on this blend. I bet this would be decadent and comforting with a dose of milk. I will be eager to see when this ends up back in stock, it’s the suavest earl grey I’ve had the pleasure to drink.

Flavors: Cream, Earl Grey, Earth, Orange Zest, Vanilla

Shae

It looks like Amoda no longer carries this one, but you can still purchase it through the Nepali Tea Traders website.

Comments

Shae

Reviews as MrsPremise on Soroitea Sisters.

Artist, writer, reader, nerd in fandoms such as: Beatles, wrestling, Sherlock, Monty Python, Simpsons, Game of Thrones, Mega64, and Adagio teas.

I have fun designing themed blends and trying the blends made by others on Adagio. I’ve made themed teas for: X-Files, Mega64, Fallout, the Knick, Hell on Wheels and many more.

I don’t tend to take any sugar or milk in my tea and have a habit of over-steeping. I love trying out themed tea blends, but I would also like to get more adventurous in trying more high quality or unflavored teas.

Boston, MA