drank Black Orchid by Mariage Frères

In my last post I mentioned Reasons. Well, having just suffered a disappointing setback to do with Reasons, I’m comforting myself with the last of this leaf and reminding myself that there are other fish in the sea and the battle may be lost but the war is not over and it’s not over until the fat lady sings and to get back in the saddle and whichever other cliches you can think of. But BOOOO! at the world in general. shakes fist

It’s the last of the leaf, and I’ve suddenly realised something. There’s a berry-y note in here and it’s pretty strong. How did I not notice this before. Or maybe more cherry than berry really (lookit me rhyme!). If I had never had this before now, I would have thought it was fruit flavoured along with the vanilla. I don’t really understand how it isn’t.

Everybody who has some of this tea, go and make a cup now and see if you think I’m right or just crazy.

(Should I point out that Reasons are a good thing, or is that obvious?)

good luck with reasons!

and I have enough of this, and been thinking of it, I will have a cup and look for that berry note…

cteresa

I should retire my nose maybe – you are totally right about the berry. But at the same time I think it is smelling different than from what I remembered when i bought it – has my storage (but it´s Ok, I think, a tin which seals very tight) changed it? or just ageing? Some MF teas (like Marco Polo for example) are IMO very susceptible to ageing, even if they do not see to have a lot of whole ingredients.

Comments

cteresa

good luck with reasons!