drank Green Mandarin by A C Perch's

Have acquired a tiny little stress-related tic in my left eyelid. It’s tiny, but it’s driving me up the wall. Don’t feel particularly stressed, but there’s always a certain constant level of stress these days because of Reasons. I don’t dare tell you about that yet. Mustn’t jinx it.

Having this again this afternoon. This time I took care to only use about two thirds of the leaf I used last time, and it yielded a much better result. The creme note came out very clearly, the coconut note was about the same as before, and I quite clearly got some elderflower notes as well. Best of all, that courgette-y aftertaste of the white tea in the blend was much diminished.

This felt like rather a larger change then these sorts of adjustments usually result in, so I’m giving it a few more points.

Bonnie

Possibly drinking tea will help the tic by relaxing your brain. The l-theanine that reduces anxiety and stress actually helps my fibromyalgia and migraines so I don’t know why it couldn’t help you too. Hope so!

Angrboda

Well it would be lovely if it did. I’m trying to pay attention to whether it happens more when we discuss Reasons or if it’s just all the time. So far I think it does happen more during those chats.

Bonnie

I’ve lived so long that my list of possible Reasons is extensive…but my choice of Reasons that I’d love for you are very few. Hope I’m right!

Angrboda

Well, I’ll tell you this much. It’s a good thing and we’re not having kids (ever, by choice).

Bonnie

You’d really be twitching!!! My daughter had 3 then adopted the rest (all 5 boys). They’ve had 30 foster children, most under 2 years old so that there’s no conflict with the older children. Having a farm helps. A big house, animals and lots of bedrooms and bathrooms is a luxury here in Colorado that you couldn’t afford as a regular person where we lived in California. They’re raising good people. I don’t think I could have raised 8 little ones, but I took in a group of teenaged girls and got them through High School. That was easier for me. No diapers!!!

Angrboda

I definitely would. I don’t really care much for children. I much prefer my kitties. People keep telling me ’you’ll regret that decision’ or ’you’ll change your mind’ and Husband’s carpool partner is half convinced that I brainwashed him, but it was something we agreed on from the beginning. And no, I absolutely won’t.

Bonnie

Some people are that way. I’ve always enjoyed teenagers and some people can’t stand that age. I loved working with troubled kids in the shelter. You’re right not to force the matter just to make other people happy when you’d be miserable.

yyz

It can be hard when both partners are not on the same page with regards to children. I worked with a man, whose wife had a child to please him, she wasn’t really into having children. She went back to work almost immediately and my co-worker took paternity, even now she really kind of avoids her child. At least the child has one loving parent, but it must be confusing for her. Fully support your decision.. It’s never been a deep ceded need for me, if it happens it happens but I don’t think I’ll regret not having any.

Angrboda

Exactly. I’ve never really understood the whole concept of ‘biological clock’. I don’t really think I come equipped with one. It was a lot more difficult for my father to accept that he would not be getting any grandchildren. Eventually though it sank in when I finally told him, slightly harshly, that he could have bettered his own chances of that happening if they had had more than just the one child, which he had to admit was true.

OMGsrsly

Yeah, I get that whole “One day you’ll wish you had kids!” thing a fair bit. Or people reluctant to hire me because I’m of ‘the age’ where women apparently start going bonkers. As if, guys. I’ve helped raise a now-18-year-old. I’m done. :) (Kids are cute, but only when I get to give them back.)

Angrboda

I don’t really understand why it’s apparently okay to say that to a person who has made a conscious decision not to have kids, but it’s not okay to say it to someone who has made an equally conscious decision to have them…

Comments

Bonnie

yyz