This is actually one of my favorite teas in a tea bag; I’ve never tried it loose leaf. It can go bitter, so I never sqeeze the bag…just save it for the second steep. The tea has what I think of as the “sparkle” of a good ceylon, but it is generally darker/blacker than the other ceylon’s I’ve had. As I mentioned, it can go bitter, but done right it has a nice spicy finish with just a bit of an astringent bite. To me, this is a morning tea…a good wake up jolt.

I remember when I discovered that there was more to tea than hot or iced. I was given a loose tea sampler (M.T.W.) and a stainless steel tea ball as a Christmas gift many years ago. That was the start of what will be a life-long love of fine tea. I discovered Steepster from a blog entry on the Mark. T. Wendell website…and have, from Steepster, discovered even more fine teas and vendors. I decided to post my thoughts in the hope that others discover a good, fine tea.
I am unashamedly stealing this rating description from Morgana and hope to go through my history and update my rating accordingly. (Note: not done yet – I will remove this note when I have done so)

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 Excellent; first rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Very good; will likely buy more

70-79 Good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Okay; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Austin, Texas