The little green man tea! Yoda is pretty epic, even if he is a little bit overdone in pop culture. The tea is a mix of green tea leaves, dried lemongrass, and bits of dried ginger root. It smells exactly like bread & butter pickles! Side note: my boyfriend looked at me like I was crazy when I called them bread & butter pickles, apparently he had never heard that term before (he calls them sweet pickles). Maybe it’s a more southern thing…? I steeped this twice.

First time, 175 degrees for 3 minutes. The aroma reminds me of the pickles too, just with less of a vinegar scent. The taste is extremely light. The main flavor I get is ginger and cinnamon, and even that is very mild. I taste a hint of lemongrass and then a light vegetal edge at the end. Meh.

Tried again at the recommended 190 degrees and with a little more tea. Came out basically exactly the same. I guess this tea is just a bit light for my tastes…

How does this tea compare to Yoda? Well… There is something about ginger and lemongrass that seems meditative to me, which would make sense. And I can see Master Yoda drinking a green tea, mostly because he has that kind of stereotypical Asian wise man persona. But I think he would want something far more pungent than this… Too weak for such a strong Jedi Master!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemongrass, Vegetal

Marzipan

I totally know what bread and butter pickles are.

Bread and butter pickles are AWESOME – especially when made by my grandmother

Veronica

Love bread and butter pickles!

mj

I have literally seen bread and butter pickles printed on a pickle label…but am also from the south, so maybe they are only sold down there?

Cameron B.

mj I don’t know, that was the only thing I could think of since I’m from Missouri and he is from New Jersey… :P

I think they are a southern thing

Comments

Marzipan

I totally know what bread and butter pickles are.

Bread and butter pickles are AWESOME – especially when made by my grandmother

Veronica

Love bread and butter pickles!

mj

Cameron B.

I think they are a southern thing

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 29 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers, currently working in the field of Machine Learning. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. I have recently started to brew gongfu cha style!

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms, including black, green, oolong, and white teas, as well as maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes. I am open to more exploration of puerh, but it’s not generally one of my favorites. I am not often a fan of fruit-based tisanes.

My very favorite straight teas tend to be from China, Japan, or Taiwan. I also enjoy matcha!

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially mango and pineapple.

Dessert: Again, all the things! I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I do very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose and lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a main flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea. Smoke can be tasty when it’s not heavy-handed.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out

My profile photo is by inkpug!

Austin, Texas