Lewis & Clarke TTB

Okay, this just sounded interesting. And no one has tried it yet, so I’m exploring uncharted territory! Lol. Visually, it definitely looks like chunks of dried root, similar to dried ginger root or something similar. Dry scent is quite earthy and musty with some similarities to hay or straw. Maybe a bit of bran? There were no instructions regarding steep time or water temperature, so I just went with boiling for 5 minutes, which is what I generally do for herbals.

Brewed, it smells pleasantly roasty and reminds me of sunflower seeds or peanuts in the shell, and maybe bran flakes?

AHHHH I HATE WAITING FOR TEA TO COOL!

Ahem. The taste reminds me of peanut or sunflower seed shells. Somewhat musty, somewhat roasty, a bit woody? Definitely dead-on for sunflower or peanut shells. There’s a bit of similarity to houjicha but with less roast and more wood. Interesting, and not at all unpleasant! And apparently rich in fatty acids! Lol. :)

Flavors: Hay, Musty, Roasted, Straw, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
SarsyPie

Very interesting! Never had a burdock root tea before!!!

Cameron B.

Me neither, which is why I tried it! :D Hooray for TTBs!

boychik

Sounds very interesting. Should try ;)

KiwiDelight

Interesting, all right. It’ll be one of the few I try!

*first few

madametj

You should get some of the little gongfu 30ml teacups. Takes care of the “waiting to cool” problem :P

Comments

SarsyPie

Very interesting! Never had a burdock root tea before!!!

Cameron B.

Me neither, which is why I tried it! :D Hooray for TTBs!

boychik

Sounds very interesting. Should try ;)

KiwiDelight

Interesting, all right. It’ll be one of the few I try!

*first few

madametj

Hello, my name is Cameron. I’m 25 years old and currently living in New York state with my lovely boyfriend (a software architect). I am currently not employed, which leaves plenty of time for cooking and tea-drinking! I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-face dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one. :(

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
Yunnans (esp. Pure Bud)
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Chocolate-Orange
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Capital Tea Limited
Lupicia
TeaVivre
Yunnan Sourcing
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Strong Licorice Root