drank Citrus Sunburst by Tiesta Tea

Lewis & Clarke TTB

This one is in Tea Sparrow packaging. I’m always interested in fruit teas, even if they almost always end up being disappointing with either too much apple or too much hibiscus. This one has chunks of papaya, mango, and apple, and it has the hugest pieces of hibiscus that I have ever seen (I avoided them mostly). The dry scent reminds me of a specific fruit gum that I can’t think of right now, and it’s quite tart.

Uh oh… Even though I tried to avoid the hibiscus chunks, my tea brewed up that trademark fuchsia color and it smells quite tart. Here goes nothing… :P Whoa buddy, this is super tart! To its credit, it does taste very citrusy, which is good. But it’s also quite strong on the hibiscus tartness, and I’ve not been adding any sweetener to my teas. I can see this one being very tasty and refreshing as an iced tea, but it’s just too tart for me to drink it hot. Ah well…

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML
Cheri

This was one of the teas in my Tea Sparrow subscription. There was too much going on with this one to appeal to me, but I thought someone else might enjoy it.

Comments

Cheri

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 29 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers, currently working in the field of Machine Learning. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. I have recently started to brew gongfu cha style!

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms, including black, green, oolong, and white teas, as well as maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes. I am open to more exploration of puerh, but it’s not generally one of my favorites. I am not often a fan of fruit-based tisanes.

My very favorite straight teas tend to be from China, Japan, or Taiwan. I also enjoy matcha!

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially mango and pineapple.

Dessert: Again, all the things! I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I do very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose and lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a main flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea. Smoke can be tasty when it’s not heavy-handed.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out

My profile photo is by inkpug!

Austin, Texas