This sample came from albertocanfly (I think). I’m not sure about the choice of a green tea base for this one, but I’m always up for trying anything almond or cookie-flavored. Dry, it’s a mixture of somewhat broken dark green leaves and pieces of what looks like almond? It smells quite sweet and reminds me of frosting!

Steeped, it still smells sort of vaguely sweet and dessert-ish, and it still makes me think of buttercream frosting. I can smell a bit of grassiness from the base tea. Honestly, it kind of tastes just like it smells. It’s sort of vaguely sweet and buttery with a vanilla note and perhaps a touch of almond. I don’t think it melds very well with the green base, which is definitely not high quality and mostly tastes grassy and like dried leaves. It also has a strange, almost waxy texture that I don’t love. Not for me!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Frosting, Grass, Sweet, Vanilla

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 28 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I joined Steepster back in 2014, and was a very active member for a couple of years. I then took a break and have just started to drink tea again (in 2018). I am happy to be back! I have emptied my (virtual) cupboard and will fill it up slowly as I drink more teas!

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and love to use small teapots and Japanese-style cups so I don’t have to wait for a giant mug to cool! My favorite teas tend to be black or green, and often flavored.

Tea Preferences:

Likes:
Chinese black teas
Chinese green teas
Caramel
Maple
Banana
Butterscotch

Dislikes:
Rose
Lavender

80-89: Great – a possible cupboard staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent I guess
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out