drank Pineapple Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

This one came from Dexter! I’m really hoping this pineapple oolong won’t be as disappointing as Lupicia’s version was to me. Please be juicy and pineapple-y! The oolong itself is a medium green with some yellow tones, and it’s a mixture of some tightly-rolled pellets and some unrolled pieces. There are also chunks of what looks to be candied pineapple along with a few pieces of dried apricot. The dry scent is encouraging, I can smell sweet and tangy pineapple quite clearly.

The steeped tea smells very pineapple-y, I’m excited! Hm, this is pretty good. The pineapple flavor isn’t quite as strong as I would like, and, to be honest, it reminds me of pineapple gummy bears. But I like pineapple gummy bears! There’s not really much depth of flavor here, and I don’t taste the oolong much, it’s mostly there as a textural element. Not bad, but not great.

Flavors: Candy, Creamy, Pineapple, Sweet, Thick

OMGsrsly

I used to really like this one, but then they seem to have changed some things (for one, the pineapple pieces were wee teensy, so they steeped up better) and I don’t love it as much now. It is pretty good iced, if you need to use up the rest of a sample. :)

Comments

OMGsrsly

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 28 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I joined Steepster back in 2014, and was a very active member for a couple of years. I then took a break and have just started to drink tea again (in 2018). I am happy to be back! I have emptied my (virtual) cupboard and will fill it up slowly as I drink more teas!

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and love to use small teapots and Japanese-style cups so I don’t have to wait for a giant mug to cool! My favorite teas tend to be black or green, and often flavored.

Tea Preferences:

Likes:
Chinese black teas
Chinese green teas
Caramel
Maple
Banana
Butterscotch

Dislikes:
Rose
Lavender

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out