drank Pineapple Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

This one came from Dexter! I’m really hoping this pineapple oolong won’t be as disappointing as Lupicia’s version was to me. Please be juicy and pineapple-y! The oolong itself is a medium green with some yellow tones, and it’s a mixture of some tightly-rolled pellets and some unrolled pieces. There are also chunks of what looks to be candied pineapple along with a few pieces of dried apricot. The dry scent is encouraging, I can smell sweet and tangy pineapple quite clearly.

The steeped tea smells very pineapple-y, I’m excited! Hm, this is pretty good. The pineapple flavor isn’t quite as strong as I would like, and, to be honest, it reminds me of pineapple gummy bears. But I like pineapple gummy bears! There’s not really much depth of flavor here, and I don’t taste the oolong much, it’s mostly there as a textural element. Not bad, but not great.

Flavors: Candy, Creamy, Pineapple, Sweet, Thick

OMGsrsly

I used to really like this one, but then they seem to have changed some things (for one, the pineapple pieces were wee teensy, so they steeped up better) and I don’t love it as much now. It is pretty good iced, if you need to use up the rest of a sample. :)

Comments

OMGsrsly

Hello, my name is Cameron. I’m 25 years old and currently living in New York state with my lovely boyfriend (a software architect). I am currently not employed, which leaves plenty of time for cooking and tea-drinking! I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-face dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one. :(

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
Yunnans (esp. Pure Bud)
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Chocolate-Orange
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Capital Tea Limited
Lupicia
TeaVivre
Yunnan Sourcing
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Strong Licorice Root