Dammann Frères Advent Calendar – December 18th

Oh, hello again. I’ve been sick over the past few days, so I haven’t been around. I also couldn’t really smell or taste well, so while I did open my advent calendar door every day, I put the single sachets aside until now. And I do confess, I’m definitely not at full smelling and/or tasting capacity yet, but I’m far too fed up with being sick to put tea drinking off any longer. So while I suspect I won’t do these justice, I’m going to drink them anyway because I’m tired of waiting. So there!

I didn’t look too closely at the sachet, but I did notice red peppercorns mixed in with the rooibos, which I thought was odd. Dry scent is orange and perhaps grapefruit with a touch of spice. The steeped tea… smells and tastes like bubblegum to me, which seems to be a recurring theme when DF tries to mix fruit and spice. Strange! I can taste a bit of orange, but otherwise it’s all bubblegum.

Flavors: Candy, Orange

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 28 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I joined Steepster back in 2014, and was a very active member for a couple of years. I then took a break and have just started to drink tea again (in 2018). I am happy to be back! I have emptied my (virtual) cupboard and will fill it up slowly as I drink more teas!

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and love to use small teapots and Japanese-style cups so I don’t have to wait for a giant mug to cool! My favorite teas tend to be black or green, and often flavored.

Tea Preferences:

Likes:
Chinese black teas
Chinese green teas
Caramel
Maple
Banana
Butterscotch

Dislikes:
Rose
Lavender

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out