This was a surprise bonus sample that Veronica included in our swap. How did she know I love blueberry? There are some decorative blue flower petals and a few dried blueberries mixed in with the red rooibos base. I didn’t get much scent from the dry leaf, perhaps a little bit of tartness but not much else.

The steeped tea smells like blueberry jam, but there’s also some kind of weird musty aroma. Hm, this tastes odd. There’s barely any blueberry here, but it is a jammy sort of blueberry. There’s also an artificial dessert-y flavor, like it’s meant to be a blueberry muffin or pancake tea. The rooibos tastes odd, not sure if it’s the rooibos itself or the age of the tea. I can taste mild woody notes, but there’s a strong musty presence that’s a bit offputting. Not for me. I guess I’ll withhold a rating since I’m unsure of the age of the sample.

Flavors: Artificial, Blueberry, Jam, Musty, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Veronica

I got this from a ttb, so I don’t know the age. Sorry!

Comments

Veronica

I got this from a ttb, so I don’t know the age. Sorry!

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 28 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I joined Steepster back in 2014, and was a very active member for a couple of years. I then took a break and have just started to drink tea again (in 2018). I am happy to be back! I have emptied my (virtual) cupboard and will fill it up slowly as I drink more teas!

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and love to use small teapots and Japanese-style cups so I don’t have to wait for a giant mug to cool! My favorite teas tend to be black or green, and often flavored.

Tea Preferences:

Likes:
Chinese black teas
Chinese green teas
Citrus
Mint
Caramel
Maple

Dislikes:
Rose
Lavender

80-89: Great – a possible cupboard staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent I guess
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out