drank Celebration Tea by Harney & Sons

This one came from boychik. She knew I wanted to try this tea, so she kindly sent a couple of sachets my way in her holiday package. This one sounded right up my alley when I read its description on the H&S website – I love apricot and hazelnut, and the cinnamon could make a nice accent. We’ll see if it lives up to my expectations! Inside the sachet, I can see small black tea leaves and a couple of different colors of flower petals. Dry scent is yummy apricot with a bit of cinnamon.

The steeped tea smells very apricot-ish with just a touch of cinnamon warmth. Hm… the flavoring is more subtle than I expected in this tea. And for some reason, it came out a teensy bit bitter even though I used a conservative temperature and time. The main flavor is definitely the apricot, and it tastes more of dried apricot than fresh. The cinnamon adds a little bit of warmth, though unfortunately it seems to be a cinnamon candy type of flavor. So, it’s a little bit less effective than it could have been. I don’t think I taste hazelnut at all here, which is unfortunate since it’s one of my favorite nut flavors. I’m a little bit disappointed by this one. I’ve definitely become very picky about flavored teas lately.

Flavors: Apricot, Candy, Cinnamon, Dried Fruit

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
boychik

When i tried it first time i liked it. It wasnt loud artificial flavored to me. i didnt even noticed hazelnut, but yea , no hazelnut for me. but when i tried recently, oh, i just cant drink flav teas any more. my girls love it. Couple sachets left ;)

Cameron B.

Yeah, I have gotten extremely picky about flavored teas, so much so that I tend to not drink them. :P

Comments

boychik

Cameron B.

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 29 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers, currently working in the field of Machine Learning. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. I have recently started to brew gongfu cha style!

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms, including black, green, oolong, and white teas, as well as maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes. I am open to more exploration of puerh, but it’s not generally one of my favorites. I am not often a fan of fruit-based tisanes.

My very favorite straight teas tend to be from China, Japan, or Taiwan. I also enjoy matcha!

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially mango and pineapple.

Dessert: Again, all the things! I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I do very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose and lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a main flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea. Smoke can be tasty when it’s not heavy-handed.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out

My profile photo is by inkpug!

Austin, Texas