I’m not sure what compelled me to order this “Christmas Cookies” fandom sampler from Adagio… I have yet to find a tea from them that I’ve liked enough to actually order, and most of them are extremely underwhelming to me. Oh well, I ordered these, so I might as well try them! This sounded the yummiest out of the bunch, I love a good ol’ sugar cookies, with or without frosting. This tea also has a touch of lemon, which I’ve done in sugar cookie frosting before and found it very tasty. The tea is a mixture of small, generic black leaves, a few pieces of lemon balm, and some sprinkles. Dry scent is quite weak, I can smell the sprinkles more than anything.

The steeped tea does smell rather close to a plain sugar cookie – it has a mild and almost bready dessert aroma. However, I don’t think it really tastes like a sugar cookie. The problem is the base – it’s too strong and too malty to be used in a sugar cookie tea, I would have chosen a white tea perhaps. I can taste the almond and vanilla flavors, but no lemon. Overall, it’s a resounding meh. It could possibly be more cookie-ish if sugar and milk were added.

Flavors: Almond, Malt, Vanilla

Roswell Strange

Remind me to send you The Woman some time if I haven’t already; it’s certainly my favourite Adagio blend and one of (if not her favourite) VariaTEA’s as well. I originally ordered 3 oz. and then reordered that same amount – and she’s ordered it for herself now too. It surprisingly works REALLY well.

Cameron B.

I’ll try to remember the next time we swap! :)

Comments

Roswell Strange

Cameron B.

I’ll try to remember the next time we swap! :)

•2019 Sipdown Challenge!•
•15 full sipdowns and
•86 sample sipdowns

I am currently doing the #365DaysOfTea challenge via Instagram and Steepster! Please find my Instagram profile at the bottom of this bio!

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 29 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. I have recently started to brew gongfu cha style!

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms, including black, green, oolong, and white teas, as well as maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes. I am open to more exploration of puerh, but it’s not generally one of my favorites. I am not often a fan of fruit-based tisanes.

My very favorite straight teas tend to be from China, Japan, or Taiwan. I also enjoy matcha!

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially mango and pineapple.

Dessert: Again, all the things! I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I do very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose and lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a main flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea. Smoke can be tasty when it’s not heavy-handed.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out

My profile photo is by inkpug!

Austin, Texas