Next one up from “Christmas Cookies”! Peppermint bark isn’t technically a cookie, but it is delicious and Christmas-y so I’ll accept it. Unfortunately, this looks to be mostly green tea, though it’s technically a green/black blend. I can see the crushed peppermint leaves in here, as well as some crushed spices from the chai and a couple of cacao nibs. I think I saw one tiny piece of candy cane. Dry scent is peppermint with a sweet edge.

The steeped tea mostly smells of peppermint, with a little bit of green tea aroma. Hmm, this one is odd. The peppermint is actually milder than I expected it to be, and I can taste a little bit of the chai spices, though they meld well with the peppermint. I don’t taste a ton of green tea, which is nice. I can perhaps see a little bit where the white chocolate is coming from? But there’s certainly no milk or dark chocolate taste here, and overall it’s too mild to be peppermint bark. Not bad, though!

Flavors: Grass, Peppermint, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

•2019 Sipdown Challenge!•
•15 full sipdowns and
•86 sample sipdowns

I am currently doing the #365DaysOfTea challenge via Instagram and Steepster! Please find my Instagram profile at the bottom of this bio!

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 29 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. I have recently started to brew gongfu cha style!

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms, including black, green, oolong, and white teas, as well as maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes. I am open to more exploration of puerh, but it’s not generally one of my favorites. I am not often a fan of fruit-based tisanes.

My very favorite straight teas tend to be from China, Japan, or Taiwan. I also enjoy matcha!

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially mango and pineapple.

Dessert: Again, all the things! I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I do very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose and lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a main flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea. Smoke can be tasty when it’s not heavy-handed.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out

My profile photo is by inkpug!

Austin, Texas