Home – 9:00 PM

Trying another one from my recent Simpson & Vail order. I wanted the advent box and it seemed silly to pay $15 or whatever for shipping, so I just added a few flavored black teas to reach the free shipping threshold.

Yum, this is tasty. It reminds me of those little almond cookies with the almond on top that they have at Chinese restaurants. The main flavor is light and buttery cookie – similar to a shortbread. There’s a nice creamy almond nuttiness as well. It could also be an almond croissant or other pastry.

My only complaint is the same as the Apple Cinnamon French Toast – it’s somewhat weak, and I can’t taste the base tea at all.

I’ll have to tinker around with water temperature and steep time to find the best combination for these Simpson & Vail teas.

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Cookie, Creamy, Nutty, Pastries, Sweet

derk

Would you say the almond blends in well with the flavors? Or is it a more distinct, natural nuttiness? I’m not too fond of eating straight almonds but love things like those Chinese almond cookies and almond croissants.

Cameron B.

I think it blends well, it tastes like an almondy cookie rather than just almonds. I can send you a sample if you’d like! ❤

derk

I will wait since I’m working on getting my cupboard down to a more modest size, but thank you for the offer! I will be on the lookout for this tea in the future, though.

Mastress Alita

I love those Chinese almond cookies!

Comments

derk

Cameron B.

Mastress Alita

I love those Chinese almond cookies!

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 28 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I joined Steepster back in 2014, and was a very active member for a couple of years. I then took a break and have just started to drink tea again (in 2018). I am happy to be back! I have emptied my (virtual) cupboard and will fill it up slowly as I drink more teas!

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and love to use small teapots and Japanese-style cups so I don’t have to wait for a giant mug to cool! My favorite teas tend to be black or green, and often flavored.

Tea Preferences:

Likes:
Chinese black teas
Chinese green teas
Caramel
Maple
Banana
Butterscotch

Dislikes:
Rose
Lavender

80-89: Great – a possible cupboard staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent I guess
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out