drank English Breakfast by Kusmi Tea

Work – 12:00 PM

This was a single individually-wrapped sachet from my desk drawer. It must have been a free sample from one of my past Kusmi orders. Love the bright orange wrapper!

Hmm… This is not all that flavorful. It’s not weak, but it’s rather one-dimensional. I do get some malt and briskness with a bit of raisin, which I assume is from the smaller Assam portion of the blend. Perhaps it’s the Ceylon that’s not tasting like much? I’m surprised that it has some astringency after just a 2.5-minute steep. There’s a hint of bitterness as well, though it’s not unpleasant.

Mostly it tastes generically tea-ish. Almost like the Lipton variety, but with a bit more flavor from the Assam. Meh!

Flavors: Astringent, Autumn Leaf Pile, Bitter, Malt, Raisins, Tannic

200 °F / 93 °C 2 min, 30 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 28 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I joined Steepster back in 2014, and was a very active member for a couple of years. I then took a break and have just started to drink tea again (in 2018). I am happy to be back! I have emptied my (virtual) cupboard and will fill it up slowly as I drink more teas!

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and love to use small teapots and Japanese-style cups so I don’t have to wait for a giant mug to cool! My favorite teas tend to be black or green, and often flavored.

Tea Preferences:

Likes:
Chinese black teas
Chinese green teas
Caramel
Maple
Banana
Butterscotch

Dislikes:
Rose
Lavender

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out