Bird & Blend Tea Advent Calendar – Day 21

So I’m sick and very congested. Luckily, I’ve already tried this tea previously, so I don’t feel bad drinking it even though I can’t taste very well.

I like this one enough that I added a 50g bag to my order on Sunday, when B&B was offering Christmas Cake for a limited time. I also ordered today to get the Candy Cane black tea that was offered for one day only, and I actually ended up getting 150g since the 50g size was sold out by the time I checked the site at ~7:00 AM. There’s a bit of a disadvantage to liking B&B and being in the US… Oh well, I figured I can find someone to share it with if need be!

This is lovely, as it was before. With my sinus congestion, I think I can taste the white tea more than last time, and it has a somewhat creamy note to it. I really do like the combination of jasmine and spearmint, as I feel like the refreshing mint helps to wrangle the more heady jasmine a bit.

I’m not a jasmine lover by any means, but I do like the idea of having one jasmine tea in my cupboard, and this is definitely the one.

Ugh, my head…

Flavors: Apricot, Creamy, Floral, Grass, Jasmine, Mint, Oats, Smooth, Spearmint, Vegetal

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
tea-sipper

This is a good one, definitely.

Nattie

Yes! I love this tea!

Comments

tea-sipper

This is a good one, definitely.

Nattie

Yes! I love this tea!

•2019 Sipdown Challenge!•
•15 full sipdowns and
•86 sample sipdowns

I am currently doing the #365DaysOfTea challenge via Instagram and Steepster! Please find my Instagram profile at the bottom of this bio!

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 29 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. I have recently started to brew gongfu cha style!

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms, including black, green, oolong, and white teas, as well as maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes. I am open to more exploration of puerh, but it’s not generally one of my favorites. I am not often a fan of fruit-based tisanes.

My very favorite straight teas tend to be from China, Japan, or Taiwan. I also enjoy matcha!

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially mango and pineapple.

Dessert: Again, all the things! I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I do very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose and lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a main flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea. Smoke can be tasty when it’s not heavy-handed.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out

My profile photo is by inkpug!

Austin, Texas