drank Banana Pancakes by 52teas

365 Days of Tea Challenge – Day 20

Okay, serious business! I’ve heard amazing things about this tea, so now it’s time to try it myself. I am both a banana lover and a pancake lover, so this tea was made for me!

You guys, this is just stupidly good… I mean, come on.

To me, it tastes closer to banana bread, as there’s definitely a distinct nuttiness that suggests walnuts or pecans. It has a lovely bready or cakey flavor! The banana is super duper natural-tasting, and it’s definitely a sweet, ripe banana. Personally, I prefer greener bananas for eating, but for banana bread it’s spot-on!

Now, don’t get me wrong, there’s definitely some maple syrup slathered over this particular banana bread. Or maybe it’s banana bread turned French toast! Yep, I’m going with banana bread French toast.

Regardless, it’s delicious. Smooth, sweet, maple-y, cakey, decadent banana bread goodness.

Now I’m just mad that this isn’t a permanent blend and I only have a 15g taster. I’m mad, Anne! :P

Flavors: Baked Bread, Banana, Cake, Cinnamon, Maple, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Nuts, Pecan, Sweet, Walnut

yep :(

Cameron B.

(cries on Sil’s shoulder)

Mastress Alita

And now you know why I sold out all the Foggy Coconut like a tyrant the second it finally reappeared. * shifty eyes *

tea-sipper

Is this why we all love 52Teas so much? The blends are rare and tough to grab! If there was overstock… maybe there would be less love for these blends (I will tell myself that anyway.)

52Teas

I’m sorry that I don’t have the room to keep all the teas in stock but at the same time, I’m quite humbled and appreciative to know that there are teas that people love and even more so that some of my originals are now getting that kind of appreciation too. :)

Kawaii433

I loved this one!

Cameron B.

@Anne – The next permanent tea should be a banana one! ;)

52Teas

I will announce another permanent tea with the holiday box this year – right now, it’s somewhere between a banana one or the foggy coconut.

Banana banana banana banana banana banana banana….did I mention? Banana? :)

Cameron B.

Ooh, that’s exciting! I would vote for banana, but the Foggy Coconut is very tasty too!

You guys are all against me. :-P #TeamFoggyCoconut

Cameron B.

@ Alita – It’s a conspiraTEA!

Mastress Alita

doing best telenovella impression of Valentina from RuPaul’s Drag Race GASP! I knew it!

Todd

Team Foggy!

i think there should be both a permanent blergamot tea AND a permanent banana tea…but start with banana haha

52Teas

@Sil – I need to take it in steps, right now it’s difficult enough for me to keep up with the four teas that are in the permanent collection! I am thinking that I will do one per year or perhaps one every two years – until I get to 9. 9 is the magical number where D’s teas will stop. 9 is the number there will be and the number there will be is 9. Eight is too few and 10 is too many. 9 is the number there must be. (Help, I have been possessed by Mojo Jojo!)

@anne haha i hear you on that. We appreciate all that you do – would rather see you take it easy than burn out and quit alltogether! there are always monthly reblends :)

Comments

yep :(

Cameron B.

(cries on Sil’s shoulder)

tea-sipper

Kawaii433

I loved this one!

Cameron B.

@Anne – The next permanent tea should be a banana one! ;)

52Teas

Banana banana banana banana banana banana banana….did I mention? Banana? :)

You guys are all against me. :-P #TeamFoggyCoconut

Cameron B.

@ Alita – It’s a conspiraTEA!

Todd

Team Foggy!

52Teas

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 29 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers, currently working in the field of Machine Learning. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. I have recently started to brew gongfu cha style!

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms, including black, green, oolong, and white teas, as well as maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes. I am open to more exploration of puerh, but it’s not generally one of my favorites. I am not often a fan of fruit-based tisanes.

My very favorite straight teas tend to be from China, Japan, or Taiwan. I also enjoy matcha!

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially mango and pineapple.

Dessert: Again, all the things! I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I do very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose and lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a main flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea. Smoke can be tasty when it’s not heavy-handed.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out

My profile photo is by inkpug!

Austin, Texas