I quite like this one.

Mostly, it’s an elderberry or blueberry tea to me. There’s a little hint of lemon, but not much. There’s also just a little bit of tartness from the hibiscus that helps round out the berry flavor nicely, and maybe the lemon is blending in there as well. The added sugar only creates a subtle sweetness, thank goodness. I’m not sure whether I get maple specifically? The base tea has a bit of a musty hay note to it, perhaps from the high recommended water temperature.

I don’t really get scone, but it’s a perfectly pleasant elderberry and blueberry tea. I think next time I may try a lower temperature and longer steep, just to see how that affects it.

Flavors: Berry, Blueberry, Hay, Lemon, Maple, Musty, Sweet, Tart

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Silent Kettle

Ou! I wouldn’t have considered ordering this one since it has a black tea base (I wonder if this might be better as a base for a green tea?) But it sounds super yummy! :)

Cameron B.

Honestly, the base teas she uses are extremely mild and there’s usually a lot of other “stuff” mixed in, so I’m not sure how much I would notice if this were a green base… :P

Silent Kettle

Aww! That is true! :) It works out well for me when it comes to rooibos blend, since I drink a lot of tea but I do not like having too much caffeine, ha-ha! :) Glad you enjoyed this one! I will look into getting it

Comments

Silent Kettle

Cameron B.

Silent Kettle

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m a 30-something software engineer currently living in Austin, Texas with my husband and our two pugs, Gobo and Ume. I tend to cycle between my different hobbies, and they include knitting, video games, board games, miniature painting, bento, baking, and – of course – TEA! But really, what I’m best at is collecting hobby related-things… ;)

~ 2021 SIPDOWN CHALLENGE! ~
~ April Sipdowns: 35
~ Total 2021 Sipdowns: 239

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. Occasionally I’ll brew Gongfu style when I’m in the mood. I also use a kyusu for Japanese teas.

I am always up for a swap! Just let me know if you’d like to try something in my cupboard.

Current Subscriptions:
Bird & Blend
Dessert by Deb
Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms. These days, I drink mostly flavored teas, and I tend to gravitate most toward black, green, and oolong varieties. I do have a special fondness for straight Japanese green teas, however. I also enjoy maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes. I love matcha and drink it often!

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, fig, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially passionfruit, mango, and pineapple. I am not generally a fan of coconut in tea, though there are some exceptions.

Dessert: I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose or lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a starring flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out