Sipdown! (1 | 394)

Hi there tea frens!

Sorry for the short hiatus, my mother was staying with me for the past two weeks, so I didn’t really touch my computer. She’s the type of person who’s really bad at just sitting down and relaxing, so we ended up doing a bunch of yardwork, gardening, and other assorted around-the-house type tasks. Needless to say, I wasn’t too terribly upset when she flew back home yesterday morning. XD

Anyway, just finished off a cold brew pitcher of this one, and it was delightful! I don’t remember being terribly impressed with this one hot, so maybe it just shines as a cold tea because of the lime. Hot lime is always a bit odd for me.

It’s a nice mix of lime and lemon with a very mellow and subtly earthy base. The bergamot is present but not overpowering, which I really like, as I can taste the other citrus flavors well. Would consider reordering it if I wasn’t drowning in tea already. Oh, and they probably don’t even carry it anymore after the rebranding…

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Citrus Zest, Earth, Lemon, Lime, Smooth, Sweet, Wood

Iced 8 min or more 10 g 17 OZ / 500 ML
derk

Hiii. I was checking your notes last night wondering where the heck you’ve been!

Hi! Aww thank you, that’s so sweet! :3

gmathis

Put your feet up and relax! Sounds like you’ve earned it.

Kittenna

I feel like we have a similar mother, haha. Hopefully you’ve been nice and productive (and had a great visit!) and now can return to your normal state.

Martin Bednář

Sounds we have similar mother as well. But with that difference that I still live with my parents. But yeah, she prefers doing anything but sitting down.

Cameron B.

Ha ha, I missed that gene! I’m a bit too good at relaxing. ;)

Comments

derk

Hi! Aww thank you, that’s so sweet! :3

gmathis

Put your feet up and relax! Sounds like you’ve earned it.

Kittenna

Martin Bednář

Cameron B.

Ha ha, I missed that gene! I’m a bit too good at relaxing. ;)

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m a 30-something software engineer currently living in Austin, Texas with my husband and our two pugs, Gobo and Ume. I tend to cycle between my different hobbies, and they include knitting, video games, board games, miniature painting, bento, baking, and – of course – TEA! But really, what I’m best at is collecting hobby-related things… ;)

~ 2022 SIPDOWN CHALLENGE! ~
- December Sipdowns: 0
- Total 2022 Sipdowns: 403

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I steep Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. Occasionally I’ll brew Gongfu style when I’m in the mood. I’ll also often use a kyusu for Japanese teas.

I am always up for a swap! Just let me know if you’d like to try something in my cupboard.

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms. These days, I drink mostly flavored teas, and I tend to gravitate most toward black, green, oolong, and herbal varieties. I do have a special fondness for straight Japanese green teas, however. I also enjoy maté, rooibos, and honeybush. I love matcha and drink it often! Fruit tisanes are not a favorite, but I’m always willing to try them.

I do not sweeten my teas, and pre-sweetened teas are usually too sweet for me. I also do not enjoy stevia.

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, fig, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially passionfruit, mango, and pineapple. I am not generally a fan of coconut in tea, though there are some exceptions.

Dessert: I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura, chamomile, and elderflower. Osmanthus is also a favorite of mine. But I’m not crazy about rose or lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a starring flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea.

Favorite Companies:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out

I will sometimes refrain from rating a tea if I feel I’m too biased due to my personal dislikes, or if I suspect the sample has been compromised by age or scent contamination.

Cupboard Spreadsheet: