drank Oriental Beauty by Butiki Teas

This is a nice oolong. It’s smooth and ultimately relaxing. I am getting a touch of a mineral taste, but nothing offensive by any means. I can smell the honey notes more than I can taste them, but nonetheless, I am enjoying my cup. Hopefully a few resteeps to come over the rest of the afternoon.

I ordered so many oolongs from Butiki in my most recent order, and they are all delicious in their own way, but I’ve secretly been comparing them to Gui Fei, and I think that will always be my oolong. It’s just so unique.

That’s my mug!

Oolongs I enjoy, but I’m not generally in the mood for them. I only truly enjoy subtly flavoured greens. Whites have to be pretty amazing (see Butiki’s White Rhino).

Likes:
Creaminess, toffee, cacao (true dark chocolate flavour), coconut (true dark coconut flavour), and rhubarb. I’m open to flavoured teas but they can’t be cloying or fake/candy like.

Dislikes:
Any smokiness, bergamot, flowers (rose and jasmine), hibiscus is hit and miss.

Last updated as of October 2019.

Canada